/kernel/misc/drm~11that certainly looked suspicious. I tried moving that file into it's proper place,
/kernel/misc/drm, but still the new b78 BE would not boot. After digging a little further in to the install script, I found another path
/platformthat contained some x86-specific drivers (likely obvious to all you long-time Solaris admins). Again, I found a file
/platform/i86pc/kernel/dacf/consconfig_dacf~11. After finding two files like this with the same extension, I decided to do a simple:
find $newBE -name '*~11' > /tmp/filelist.txtThis turned up quite a few files. Doing a quick search for relevant files, I came up with the following list:
After moving all of these files from their *~11 variant to the path listed, I can now boot into b78. Unfortunately, I must not have done everything right, because the display no longer has direct rendering enabled, but I'm sure I can fix that soon enough. At least I've got the system booting again. I've found myself in this position more often than I'd care to admit.